Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Waiting Room

I can tell you that waiting is not one of my fondest pastimes.  I have been known to drive miles out of my way just so I don't have to wait for stoplights on busy thoroughfares.  Waiting in Dr's offices, waiting on hold, waiting for a deserved promotion, and waiting in line at WalMart.  All of these things are tedious and a seeming waste of my life. Centering prayer has definitely helped in this area.  One thing I have learned on this journey is that God's timetable is far different than mine.  His work of transformation in me is slow, but it is sure. I am so ready to move on in this spiritual quest, and yet here I am.  If my past life has taught me anything, it has taught me that I must wait.  Not only must I wait, He desires that I should be happy in that waiting.  "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning." And surely he will come!

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment